Saturday 10 May 2008

Sketch Cards, Waterfall Card and a RAK!

Good Evening!
This will be another SUPER quick post as the Nascar race will be going green shortly! Go Jeff Gordon!
Before I get to my cards that I worked on today....I have to tell you how fabulous my husband is! He surprised me with a new 17" Laptop today!!! I've been having trouble with my old one and he knew how much I wanted to pitch it through the living room window...lol
Now I've got to sit down while watching the race and set it all up....can't wait!
OK now my cards....
This first one I created with my friend Lisa. Earlier today I saw that Dawn Griffith had a video tutorial on Waterfall Cards. YAH! I'm such a visual learner at times and this helped me TONS! So thank you Dawn! You rock!
Stamps: Hero Arts Cupcakes; Cardstock: Taken With Teal, WW and Junkitz DP; Inks: Adirondack Black, Taken With Teal Marker(for doodling); Accessories: Copic Markers, Silver Brads, Pumpkin Ribbon
Every Saturday Jen from i{heart}2stamp posts her sketchs and I can't wait to try them! This time though, I'm not totally thrilled with this card....so I'm going to re-try the sketch with another image tomorrow.

Stamps: Live Your Dreams; Cardstock: Soft Sky, WW, Afternoon Tea DP; Inks: Soft Sky and Wild Wasabi; Accessories: Nestabilities, White Brads, American Crafts Ribbon

This card was made using Beate's sketch. I wanted to do a card using all SU! stuff. I don't do that often enough anymore. I think I'll be doing another one using Beate's sketch tomorrow too!

Stamps: Pun Fun; Cardstock: Temp Turq, Soft Sky, Wild Wasabi, WC paper, East Coast Prep DP; Inks: Black Stazon, Temp Turq, Soft Sky; Accessories: Coluzzle, Striped Wasabi Ribbon, Paper Piercer, Dimensionals

Here is a fabulous RAK I received yesterday from Joan from AJCreations.

Isn't this a cool fold!! Thanks Joan!!

Thanks for stopping by!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goooooooooooo CASEY! - heh.
LOVE the cupcake card...and I like those pin dots that you have on the whale card.

jjcreations said...

I love your waterfall card Dawn. I made one a couple of years ago but was a bit intimidated by it....I'll have to try one of the tutorials. I also love the soft sky card....very soft.
Congrats on the new laptop!!!
Have a great weekend.
Joan

Allison Rankin said...

Great cards! A question...if one was already in the midst of making a waterfall card with cupcakes, should one even bother posting it now? Ha!

Alhambra Club said...

Your cards are so wonderful, the flip cupcake card and that whale card is so cute and fun, your 2nd card is so soft and elegant great cards all of them. How wonderful a new laptop, have fun setting it up.

Renée said...

Wow, you were busy today! These are all great cards. Love the waterfall card, I haven't made one in eons ... The card for Jen's sketch is nice, I love the softness of the colour. I have the stamp set but have not used it yet! I love the colours you've used for Beate's sketch, fun!!

Unknown said...

Great cards Dawn!! Love your little whale card - but all of them are awesome and what a great hubby you have!! Happy Mother's Day to you! :)

Dottie K. said...

Ooohhh congrats on the new laptop. Love the cards and I really like your second one. There is nothing wrong with it, it's perfect. I just used that same cupcake paper. Just love it. :)

Anonymous said...

Rockin Waterfall card girlie .. Love those cupcakes YUMMY!!!
xoxox
Dawn Griffith

Lori said...

The cupcake waterfall card is awesome! Love it!

Donna Baker said...

all your cards are fabulous, as usual! really want to try the waterfall card someday! great RAK too

Mauna said...

Boy you were busy. All of them are great cards! Love the cupcake waterfall card. I am visual too and love tutorials. Can't wait to see what you do next.
Inky Hugs~ Mauna

Lauren (mytime) said...

That is awesome Dawn! Yeah!! Happy for you! WOW! All your cards are so amazing!! The cupcake card is just adorable.
The bluwe one is so soft and pretty!
Love all the dots on the whale one
and the friends is a cute way to do that fold!
Happiest Mother's Day!

Anonymous said...

Wow, awesome cards Dawn...love the waterfall card, you did an amazing job!
Happy Mother's Day!!

Christina Fischer said...

Another busy day of fabulous card making!!! Each one is great!

I like Jen's sketch card -- the soft colors are lovely!


Have fun with your new laptop!! :)

Alex said...

WOW!! Love these, especially that waterfall card, it is just really really cute!!! And, the card you made using Jen's sketch is beautful, what's not to like??!!!

*STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Kelly Schelske said...

Love them all dawn, but the cupcake waterfall card is super...so is Beate's sketch..well they all are terrific!!

Marilyn said...

You amaze me with all the cards you create every day - how do you do it? If I make one to post I feel like I'm doing good - and ALL your cards are so awesome - love the waterfall card - haven't ever tried that technique, maybe I need to watch the tutorial. Congrats on the new laptop - what a wonderful surprise that must have been!!

LeAnne said...

These are ALL wonderful--I have never been able to master those waterfall cards, but this is great! TFS!
LeAnne

Rose Ann said...

All of your cards are wonderful, Dawn!! That cupcake is perfect for a waterfall card, and yours is so cute...and the paper is perfect!! Your card for Jen's sketch is very pretty...I love the colors and butterfly too!! Your whale is adorable, and I love the piercing!! I love the colors of your friend card, and the gate fold opening.

Have fun with your new puter! That is awesome!!

Anonymous said...

AWESOME creations!!!

Jenn said...

Your cards are all fabulous. Love how you did the paper piercing around the oval for Beate's sketch challenge. The card you made with Jen's sketch is so soft and elegant looking...I don't think you need to change it at all!!