Monday 12 November 2012

Holiday Wreaths

Hello :)

I'm off today and I plan on doing nothing but hangin' out in my craft room :)

I had quite a bit of stampy time this past weekend with the weather being COLD I had no desire to go very far. So glad we got the shopping and errands done last weekend.

Yesterday I was inspired to finally get a wreath made after seeing my Paper Player teammates....Nance Leedy.
She made a GORGEOUS fall coloured leaf wreath.

Now I don't have any of those fancy dies to make rosettes so this took me quite sometime.
I cut the large outside papers 6" x 12" and scored every 1/2". Taped four of them together to create the large base.
The smaller rosettes were made with 2" x 12" strips(taping two together).
I cut some white snowflakes using the MFT snowflake die and added a SU! button and linen thread. The sentiment is from MFT's Seasonal Sentiments. I am LOVING this set!!! Gorgeous fonts and sentiments. Found some fun rhinestone flourishes in my stash. I always admire when Beate uses things like this!
Taking a picture was a challenge and finally decided to take a picture off the wall and hang it there....lol
The colours are off a bit. This is Old Olive and Real Red.
Here is a close up of the details.....Think you can see the colours better here :)
While I created mine Chloe came in and asked if she could make something.
This is what she created. Turned out pretty!
Her Marina Mist paper was cut 3" x 12" and scored every 1/2". Two pieces taped together to create her wreath.
She used the MFT snowflake die and addes some Stardust Stickles.
Again the sentiment comes from MFT's Seasonal Sentiments.
Thanks for stopping by today!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Very nice idea:) Love it!

Linny said...

this is brilliant, thank you for the measurements, Im going to give this a go myslef now. ~linda x

Queen Mary said...

Beautiful wreath Dawn! Love the bling on the center!

Julia Aston said...

Two beautiful wreaths Dawn! great colors on both!

Beate said...

OMG...this is awesome. Why again aren't you on the MFT Design team anymore? Because you rock their stamps.
Hugs and smiles

Debra said...

They both turned out really cute. You have inspired me to give it a try. :)

Marisa said...

Fabulously done, Dawn! Love the rosettes and the scatter of snowflakes on the second. Enjoy your day off stamping up a storm :)

MarvA1ix said...

Love your wreath creations. Very clever. I was making some rosette wreaths myself this weekend that were fall themed. time to move on to winter :)

Nance Leedy said...

These are just stunning Dawn! I love how you've used a bunch of smaller ones in the center and the snowflakes are the perfect accent. How fun that your daughter wanted to make one too! Here's is just as beautiful as mom's!! Thanks again, for all your sweet shout-outs! (hugs)

JoAnn said...

These are gorgeous. I love making rosettes. I will have to give the wreath a try. Love your daughter's also.