Saturday 1 September 2007

Another Beate Weekend Sketch

I know many of you ask how I have time to make so many things each day. Well I only have one daughter, who is 8. She is usually busy playing with her friends outside in the backyard or she even plays well on her own! I work at Chloe's school during the year so starting Tuesday I won't have as much free time. I'm going to try and get in a couple hours in the afternoons if I can. Just not this week with all the volunteer stuff that needs to be attended to. Even Saturday I have stuff going on....LOL
So with that said, I want to get as much crafting in as I can now!
I wanted to make another card with GinaK's Make A Wish set that came yesterday! It stamps so nicely!! If you haven't been to her site you should go check it out HERE.
I used Beate's weekend sketch challenge again. Thanks for the email Beate with the tip on the corner punch! I really appreciate the help! I didn't have any ribbon to match so I used White Organdy Ribbon and coloured it with my Pumpkin Marker. It only took a couple minutes to dry. I think it turned out okay that way.
Supplies Used:
Stamp Set: Make a Wish
Cardstock: Old Olive, Pumpkin, Very Vanilla and Basic Grey Mellow DP
Inks: Timber Brown Stazon, Choc Chip and WC Pencils
Accessories: Coluzzle, Corner Rounder Punch, Scallop Punch(for the corner), Lg. Oval Punch, Hodge Podge Hardware, Choc Ribbon and White Organdy(coloured with Pumpkin Marker)
The next card uses the Pick A Petal set. When we could first order it, I HAD to have it. Problem was I never knew what to do with the darn thing. I think this set has only seen ink once...

Supplies Used:
Stamp Sets: Pick A Petal and Be Happy
Cardstock: Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, WW and Soft Sky Prints Paper
Inks: Black Stazon, Purely Pomegranate, Groovy Guava, Wild Wasabi, Blue Bayou, Soft Sky
Accessories: Scallop Punch, 1 3/8"Punch, Double Stitched Ribbon in Blue Bayou and Pomegranate, Mat Pack and Paper Piercer, White Gel Pen and Dimensionals

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute cute cute....LOVE the wishing well one - the colors are great!

Anonymous said...

Dawn, Dawn, DAWN!!!
Those are amazing!
I love the colors, the scallops and your colored ribbon on the first one. Beautiful card!
I love the second one as well. I am with you having a hard time with the Petal set. But it doesn't show on your card. It's gorgeous!

Have a wonderful weekend. Cyber hugs

Lori said...

These are both great, Dawn. The pumpkin colored ribbon is perfect!

Alex said...

Dawn, these are fabulous cards - you rocked Beate's sketch!! I love the pick a petal set, and your card is awesome! I have a hard time with this set as well but your cards surely does not show that you do! All I can say is WOW!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

mum-on-the-run said...

Great card, love the scallops!!

Love what you did with Beate's sketch!!

Christina Fischer said...

Terrific cards!! I love what you did with these sets! Great idea to color the organdy ribbon -- it looks great! :)

Deborah said...

Wonderful cards! You did very well with the petal set, I have read it has its challenges! Deb

Risa said...

Very nice cards!

Jill said...

Cute cards! I just ordered that Basic Grey paper and I can't wait to get it. It goes great with the well image.

Rose Ann said...

These are wonderful! I just love that wishing well image. The patterned paper and corner ribbon accent look great with it!

You did an awesome job with Pick A Petal! The colors are sooo pretty!

Unknown said...

Both are nice cards Dawn - you're so talented!! :)