Thursday 20 September 2007

Blog Sketches

I was kind of bummed this morning when I saw the SCS Ways To Use It Challenge. You are to use the new Basic Grey Paper from SU! Well I'm not much of a grey or black card person so I haven't ordered any of that cardstock. So I'll be sitting this challenge out unfortunately. I will go and comment on the others cards this afternoon. Maybe I'll be inspired to order it next time!
Onto my cards here then.
This card below is for a sketch challenge #18 on Desperate Stamper's Blog. Be sure to check it out! I'm enjoying doing the card sketches when I can. I'm missing the flowers already. Mine are almost all pulled out of the ground and pots. Let's hope for a SHORT winter and an EARLY spring!
Supplies Used:
Stamp Set: Just Like You
Cardstock: Bashful Blue, Pretty in Pink, Gable Green and WW
Inks: Same as above
Accessories: Slit Punch, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" Circle Punches, MayArts Ribbon, 3 D glue dots and Dimensionals
Yesterday I made another card for the SC142 on SCS but by the time I had a chance to take a picture of this card, it was dark...LOL
Where do the days go sometimes??? Especially here in Central Alberta. I'm dreading waking up in the dark(sort of do that now) and cooking dinner in the dark(5pm)....lol
Supplies Used:
Stamp Set: The Snowflake Spot
Cardstock: Elegant Eggplant, Almost Amethyst, WW
Inks: Elegant Eggplant, VersaMark
Accessories: Organdy Ribbon, Heat and Stick Powder, Dazzling Diamonds, Round Tab Punch and Dimensionals, Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder

19 comments:

Nancy Riley said...

Both of these cards are FABULOUS !!!

Sara said...

They are both wonderful cards! love all the glitter, and great scallops in the first!
thanks for sharing!

My Paper World said...

So pretty! Love them both!

Alhambra Club said...

These are so pretty, love the wide ribbon.

Anonymous said...

Wow....both of your cards are gorgeous (purple and all!).

The first one is so soft and pretty!
And the second one has so much to look at!

Corie said...

Both of these are so beautiful!!!

Rose Ann said...

Gorgeous cards, Dawn!! I love your floral card...those pretty colors are my some of my favorites! Your snowflake card is so beautiful with the embossing and sparkly snowflake panel! Great cards!!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh a PURPLE Christmas card - my favorite color - I LOVE IT!! The other is cute too - but who is thinking about spring flowers right now in this cold? LOL

Risa said...

Both of your cards are just beautiful! I love the soft colors of the first card and I love the simplicity of the second card. It is just gorgeous.
Malieta:)

Lisa's Blessed A Latte said...

One word...Fabulous!!!!! BTY I just added you to my blog roll. Love your work.

HUgs,
Lisa B <><

Little C's Creations said...

I'm glad you skipped the challenge too - these are my favorite colors!!! tee hee...

hugs to you!
Jen

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! I definitely need some new SU ribbon! YUM!

Anonymous said...

I agree Please let us have a quick windter and Early spring .. and Yup I am waking up and cooking in the dark already too... Its the pits .. Hey Girlie Love your cards .. just adorable as usual ..
Happy Stampin!
xox
Dawn Griffith

Michele Kovack said...

Both of these are absolutely gorgeous! I can't decide which one I like better....BOTH! WOW!

kdj said...

Great cards! (reminds me I need to make time to play in more sketch challenges) So fun seeing the different looks from the same sketch :)

Maria said...

Love your cards! The Christmas card is so elegantly done. I love the glittery effect and the embossed background!

Fabulous job!

Maria

Kathy said...

The sketches really make you want to stamp. An idea right in front of you. I love both of your cards.

Christina Fischer said...

Love these cards! Beautiful colors and details!! :)

sophia landry said...

These cards are both lovely, but my fav. is definitely the christmas one. TFS