Saturday 29 September 2007

Challenge Cards

Wow! What a productive day I had! Got the house cleaned, laundry done, finished my errands! I took Chloe to register for curling today as well. She will be playing on a team called Little Rocks. Cute eh?! I'll be sure to take some pics of her and post them when we have our first practice!
This card below is of Beate's new tutorial on file folder cards. I think that is what it is called ;)
I wanted to use some more of my Outlaw DP. This card will work well for a man. Something I don't have much of really. For years my Dad got flower cards from me....haha
Be sure to check out the tutorial on Beate's Fresh & Fun.

Supplies Used:
Stamp Set: Wanted and All in a Row
Cardstock: Choc Chip, Creamy Caramel, Shimmery White and Outlaw DP
Inks: Choc Chip and Creamy Caramel
Accessories: Round Tab Punch, Antique Brads, Cream Grosgrain Ribbon, Corner Rounder Punch and Sponges
Finally I used my Flaky Friends set! YAH! I've wanted this set for so long. Most of you know I am a HUGE snowman fan...collect them and I love to collect stamps too! It was the saying I most wanted in this set though. I have some other great friends that collect snowmen too and this will come in handy for cards to give them.
This card was created for Jen's blog Stamping Therapy. Today we were to use Always Artichoke and Bravo Burgundy. I really like the rich colours together. I don't often use Bravo Burgundy so I was happy to pull it out today.

Supplies Used:
Stamp Set: Flaky Friends
Cardstock: Always Artichoke, Bravo Burgundy, Very Vanilla and Wintergreen DP
Inks: Black Stazon, Artichoke, Burgundy, Orange, Rose Red, Bordering Blue and So Saffron
Accessories: Photo Corner Punch, Mat Pack and Paper Piercer, Antique Brads, MayArts Ribbon

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dawn,
You always seem to have productive days!
Your file folder and Flaky friends cards look wonderful! You rock!
Hugs and smiles

Unknown said...

Great cards Dawn!! That snowman card is adorable!

Anonymous said...

LOVE the snowmen card...and great that you are doing some masculine cards - you're right, they are so hard to come by, you just end up giving the least pink flower card - ha ha.

Anonymous said...

I love that card and might have to case it!! That stamp set is one of my favorites!!

Anonymous said...

oops, didn't realize you made the file folder card and the flaky friends on the same day..how do you find the time? Love the file folder card also!!!! is it easy to make?

Alex said...

wowzers Dawn, you sure were busy! Your cards are amazing - I love them both! That file folder is stinkin' cute and the Flaky Friends, well they are snowmen, need I say more??!! You rock girl! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Rose Ann said...

Super job with your file folder card, Dawn! I love the set and colors/papers you used. Awesome!

Your Flaky Friends card is so cute!! I need to use that set again soon. You've inspired me. ;)

Renée said...

Both of these are fantastic!

Nancy Riley said...

Dawn, Your snowman card is so darn cute, and my jaw dropped to the ground when I saw your file folder card! What a neat card for a guy! Love it! Since you had such a productive day, will you come and do the same at my house? LOL!

Anonymous said...

*Gorgeous* *Gorgeous* *Gorgeous*!!! I'm your biggest fan, Dawn!!

Corie said...

WOW WOW WOW -- These are FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

Christina Fischer said...

AWESOME cards, Dawn! I wish my days could be as productive!! :)

Alhambra Club said...

WOW, love your cards, the folder card is awesome, love the paper and your embellishments, and your snowmen are too cute.

Anonymous said...

Love the file card GF! I really need to make one too .. I also need to borrow my moms flaky friends set ( love your card )
Just fabulous!!
xoxox
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Oh my Gosh!!!!
I just love both of these delightful creations! I love what you've done with Beate's sketch! And who can resist a darlikng card with those snowmen?!

~Tex

Anonymous said...

Hey Dawn
I love this card ..Hint Hint...lol

Becky G said...

Great job on the file folder card. I have yet to try one of those but after seeing yours, I think I'll have to give it a go! Your Flaky Friends cards is awesome too! That's onw of my all-time favorite sets!
Have a great day!

Becca said...

what a cute card. I saw this stamp for the first time at my first SU party in Ontario. I wanted to let you know I really like the colours for your flaky friends hee hee...Anabela
(belascreatingplace.blogspot.com)