Monday 24 September 2007

New Technique Challenge and Blog Sketch

Last night while sitting and waiting for Desperate Housewives to come I thought I'd work on Lauren's sketch from this past weekend. I really like how it turned out. I was hunting for something to use and found this Designer Paper in the drawer. Then I just went from there.
Be sure to check out Lauren's blog when you can, please say a prayer for Alexa who is back in the hospital.
Supplies Used:
Stamp Set: Ruff Day
Cardstock: More Mustard, Choc Chip, Watercolour Paper and Reminisce Animal House DP
Inks: Black Stazon, Pumpkin Pie, Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa Markers
Accessories: Creative Memories Charms, American Crafts Ribbon, Sable Brush to Watercolour
This snowman card is for today's New Technique Challenge on SCS. You were to make a glitter window card. I'll tell you, this looks NOTHING like I had pictured it in my head....haha! Since I had made it, thought I'd post it anyway!
Supplies Used:
Stamp sets: Merry & Bright, Crazy for Christmas
Cardstock: Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue, Choc Chip, WW and Retired DP
Inks: Black Stazon, Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue, Choc Chip and Only Orange
Accessories: Onboard Chipboard, Dimensionals, Ticket Corner Punch, 1 1/4" Circle Punch, Blue Gingham Ribbon, Dazzling Diamonds and Packing Tape

15 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Both of these are awesome!! :0)

Alhambra Club said...

Love both cards, Alexa is in my prayers.

Lauren (mytime) said...

Dawn you are so sweet to post about Alexa! You card is super cute!!!! Both of them.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh the dog cart us so cute!

Christina Fischer said...

Terrific cards! The dog card is darling with all the paws, and the snowman card is just perfect for winter with all the sparkle! :)

Renée said...

Love both of the cards! I really like the four windows on the snowman card, looks great!!

Rose Ann said...

Oh, Dawn...your doggie card is so adorable! I love the paper and those cute brads!! Your glitter windows on the snowman card turned out so pretty and sparkly! Love it!

I will keep Alexa in my prayers. I'm heading over to Lauren's site now for an update.

Anonymous said...

Super cute cards!! Thanks for the update on Alexa, I saw she was sick a couple days ago and prayed it wouldn't get worse. You're such a sweetheart!!

Nancy Riley said...

Dawn, both of these cards are truly incredible! I just love stopping by your blog each day to see your latest artwork! Thanks for your inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Sweetie those doggie paws are the cutest .. They add so much to your card .. Just love that dog set also .. ( I havent got the new doggie set ( Yappy Day) yet out of the new catalog Maybe One day Great cards girlie ..
xoxox
Dawn Griffith

corinnesomerville said...

WOW WOW WOW !!!!! I love these and I'm a sucker for snowmen !!! Great job...really love them.

Have a good one

My Paper World said...

Gorgeous! Really love the doggy card, its so cute!

2 Worlds said...

both are great :)

Anonymous said...

Very cute card! i love the colors. All your cards seem to pop! Very very nice!

Laura Evangeline said...

Very cute! Lilly gives it two paws up!