Saturday 8 September 2007

Blog Sketch Challenges

Oh what a joy it is that there is NO school today and I am HOME to craft! YAH! This first week of school has taken up most of my free time. I think sometimes if I had a real job I'd have more free time....LOL
It's overcast today and again, I could not get a good picture of my cards. Don't like that they look washed out. Both of the cards are using different sketches but I used the same cardstock and stamps. I wanted to show how you can change things up a little with the same basic supplies. Hope I accomplished that.
This first card is for Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge 18. Great layout eh?! I was so happy to get this set on Thursday!!
Supplies Used:
Stamp Set: True Friend
Cardstock: Wild Wasabi, Real Red, Barely Banana and Shimmery White
Inks: Real Red and Wild Wasabi
Accessories: Corner Rounder Punch, Marvy Scallop Punch, Coluzzle, Small and Large Oval Punches, Dimensionals and Rhinestone Ice Circle Brads
This next card is for Laurens Saturday Sketch. I love this layout too! I wish I had some DP in Real Red or Banana but I don't :(
But I did get to use some primas ;)
Supplies Used:
Stamp Set: True Friend
Cardstock: Real Red, Wild Wasabi, Barely Banana and Shimmery White
Inks: Wild Wasabi and Real Red
Accessories: SU! Scallop Punch, Marvy Scallop Punch, Coluzzle, Mat Pack and Paper Piercer, Dimensionals, Primas, White Organdy Ribbon and Apricot Grosgrain Ribbon

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dawn, both of your challenge cards look amazing!
Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs and smiles

Lauren (mytime) said...

Oh Im in love with the colors you chose for them!! They look so great! Love how you used smae colors on both :D

Rose Ann said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous!! I love your color choices...the scallops...everything!! So lovely, Dawn!

Corie said...

Wow love both of these -- especially your color combo!!

Alhambra Club said...

These are great, so glad I have that set on order, your cards are fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Oh these are really pretty...love those 3 colors together...glad you have some time to craft today!

Tracy.H said...

Wow! These are so beautiful. Excellent job on both challenges! :0)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful colors on these cards! Love them!

kdj said...

Great cards!

Alex said...

Dawn, those are awesome challenge cards! I love that stamp set too - it is lots of fun to play with. I really liked the colors and the scallops are really pretty! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

Unknown said...

Such very pretty cards!! I love what you've done with both sketch and the set (just ordered mine today). Thanks for the inspiration!

Lisa Somerville said...

Dawn, very pretty cards - love the colors you used.

Christina Fischer said...

Dawn, these cards are terrific!!! Love the colors and the layouts!

Anonymous said...

Hey Dawn, both of your cards are really pretty!! I really want that stamp set, do you love it? I'm so happy to be bloggin again...now if I could just get caught up! Have a super day!!